- Fully open-source self-replicating Cartesian RepRap kit
- 32-bit Arduino-compatible, shielded Duet electronics enable control via a web-browser
- Pre-soldered Duet board with a built-in micro-SD card for standalone printing
- Wiring looms for simple plug-in connection – no soldering required
- Non-contact Z probe for automated bed plane compensation
- RepRapPro Quick-set hot end
The RepRapPro Ormerod 2 3D printer is a Replicating Rapid-prototyping machine, or RepRap for short. It is an open-source derivative of the equally open-source RepRap Project which was started at Bath University, UK, in 2004. The machine uses a process known a Fused Filament Fabrication to build 3-dimensional objects in a range of plastics. This process enables the user to create almost any shape which can be modelled on a computer, including some which could not be produced by traditional manufacturing techniques at all. Many examples of the objects people have made with Ormerod and similar machines can be found can be found in the online repositories listed here.
The RepRapPro Ormerod 2 is one of the most versatile 3D printers available. Its primary design goals were to offer a printer which is easy to expand in functionality, which is low-cost, which is fast to replicate, and which is fast and easy to assemble and commission.This model builds on the already established designs and technical advances which have undergone brisk development and heavy testing since the RepRap Project‘s inception in 2004. This is one of the machines that RepRapPro uses for production in its own factory.
To see how Ormerod scores in independent reviews, follow this link and scroll down to the Kit/DIY section.
What’s in the Complete Kit?
The Full Kit includes all components required to get you printing. Software to run the machine is available to download for free, including the firmware for the electronics.
- All hardware (threaded and smooth rods, screws, nuts, washers, belts, bearings etc)
- Pre-soldered and programmed electronics
- MicroSD card + adapter
- Heated PCB build surface
- Nozzle assembly and extruder drive mechanism
- Sample reel of 1.75mm diameter PLA filament
- Universal power supply for all mains voltages between 110V and 250V
- All the 3D-printed Mendel parts
Do you already have access to a 3D printer? Save money! Print your own Ormerod and complete it with our Ormerod 2 Hardware Kit available here.
The above contents are subject to improvement without notice. Full Kits will always be provided with all components required to get you printing. Hardware kits will always be provided with all components required to get you printing except the 3D-printed parts. The colours of the supplied filament will not always match those illustrated.
Spare parts and Filament
We sell spare parts for all our kits. See the Components and Parts kits page for items we have available. All our kits are designed to print with 1.75mm filament. We have filament reels available from our webshop. For other filament suppliers see here.
Lead times and Shipping
Current lead times and shipping costs are listed in our FAQs.